Rigatoni With Mushrooms & Cheese
- 1 lbs. of assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup mushroom or vegetable stock
- 7-8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled goat’s milk Feta cheese
- Grated Kefalotyri cheese (or Peccorino sheep’s milk cheese) to taste
- 4 cups of dry rigatoni pasta
- Place large pot of water on your stovetop and bring to a boil. Season the water with salt and add the pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes, drain and reserve.
- In a large skillet, add your olive oil over medium heat and then add the mushrooms. Season with some salt and pepper and stir occasionally to brown all sides of the mushrooms. After 5 minutes, add the onions, garlic, thyme and sweat for another 5 minutes.
- Now add the wine, stock and bring up to boil then lower to a simmer. Cook uncovered for about 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquid is gone. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and add the cooked pasta and stir-in along with the crumbled Feta.
- Add the chopped parsley, lightly toss then finish-off with grated Kefalotyri cheese and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.