Prosciuto – Wrapped Chicken with Goat Cheese
- 8 slices lean prosciutto.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4 ounces each, pounded to ¼ inch thick, cut in half crosswise
- 2 to 3 ounces goat cheese, divided in 8 portions
- 24 basil leaves, plus more to garnish
- 1 teaspoon extra olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat an 8 by 8 – inch pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Lay prosciutto on clean work surface or cutting board.
- Place chicken on top of each prosciutto piece.
- Top chicken with one portion of goat cheese
- Place 3 basil leaves on each mount of cheese
- Wrap prosciutto around chicken and secure with toothpicks in an x fashion.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat
- Add shallot and cook, stirring about 2 minutes until softened
- Deglaze pan with wine
- Transfer chicken bundles to prepared baking pan and pour wine and shallot over the chicken
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil.